Thursday, January 22, 2015

Update on my Last Quilt (i've been meaning to post this for a while.....)

So, when I made my grey and lemon quilt, I had this itching to make it, but had no idea who I was making it for.  It's kind of hard to explain to a non-creative minded person.  I just knew I had to make this quilt for no other reason than I had to make this quilt.


When I was close to having this quilt complete, I found out that a man in our town was having some health issues, and his aunt was planning a benefit auction.  Thanks to Facebook, I found out that she was looking for donations for the auction.   This is what I had been compelled to make the quilt for!!

You see, the first quilt I made, my breast cancer quilt, I donated to our local breast cancer dinner and auction.

 
 


It was won by a guy named Ryan who's mom, Linda, had fought breast cancer and won.  Mr. Inspiring knew Ryan and Linda and contacted Linda to let them know that if they ever decided they didn't want the pink quilt, since it was my first one, he'd like to buy it from them.  About a year later, Linda contacted Mr. Inspiring, right before Christmas, and GAVE it to him.  He wrapped it up and surprised me with it at Christmas.  It was the best present - EVER.....
 
 
Linda is the aunt that was planning the benefit. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This quilt went together very quickly and I really enjoyed making it.  But the best part was the reason I made it.  It went to a great cause.
 
Sometimes, things do come full circle and good is returned to good.  
 
Thanks for visiting!!
 
Hugs ~~ Suz

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I always try to reply back!